OUR PRIVACY COMMITMENT TO YOU
In respect of any personal information that we collect from you, the data controller (the company that is responsible for your privacy), is The Ambassador Theatre Group Limited. The Ambassador Theatre Group includes LoveTheatre, ATG Tickets (www.atgtickets.com), Showpairs (www.showpairs.co.uk) and Group Line (www.groupline.com).
LOVEtheatre.com™ Showpairs.co.uk and www.groupline.com are owned and operated by The Ticket Machine Group Limited, a wholly owned subsidiary of The Ambassador Theatre Group Limited.
Note that you are required to be at least 18 years old to use our website and services, and we do not intentionally collect personal information from anyone under 18. No-one under 18 should attempt to submit any personal information to us.
“ATG” and “Ambassador Theatre Group” (and “we“, ” our“, “ours” and “us“) refers to The Ambassador Theatre Group Limited, a leading venue owner, producer and ticketing operator in the arts and entertainment industry, registered in England and Wales with registration number 2671052 and whose registered office is at Alexander House, Church Path, Woking, Surrey GU21 6EJ.
What information will you collect from me?
When you use our website or other services, we may collect and use your information in several different ways. The main reasons are:
- To perform the requested service or contract with you;
- To comply with our legal obligations
- For our legitimate business interests, which may include but not be limited to, provide information on our shows and services and analyse the use of our websites and services to continually improve your customer experience and our business: and
- You have provided consent for us to collect and process your personal information
Please note that if you choose not to share your personal information with us, or refuse certain contact permissions, we may not be able to provide you with some services that you have asked for.
How and when we collect your personal information
Generally, we collect your information when you decide to interact with us. This could include purchasing online, over the phone, in person when you sign up to receive emails from us. We also look at how customers use our website, so that we can offer the best possible experience.
We collect information in a number of ways, which are listed below:
- When you register or use our website;
- When you purchase/utilise a product or service on our website or by phone;
- When you download or install one of our apps;
- When you contact us by any means with queries, complaints etc;
- When you engage with us on social media;
- When you enter any event, prize draws or competitions run by us;
- When completing any surveys that we send to you for research purposes (although you are under no obligation to complete these);
We may also receive information about you from:
- Independent organisations, for example other organisations that we have worked with. These independent organisations will only do so when there is a lawful basis to do so. You should check their privacy policies when you provide your information to them, to understand fully how they will process and safeguard your data;
- Publicly-available sources (such as Land Registry) when you have given your consent to share information or where the information is made public as a matter of law.
What Personal Information we may collect
We will collect personal information that you submit to us when you make use of our website or services and/or you contact us. This information may include, but not be limited to:-
- Your name and contact details
- Your date of birth
- Information about your gender
- Your payment information
- Your contact history with us
- Purchase history
How we use the Personal Information that you provide us with
- Register you as a user of our website or other services
- To take and fulfil your order for tickets or administer other services such as any of our prize draws or competitions which you enter, based on your consent given at the time of entering
- To contact you about any cancellations, amendments or additional information in respect of your ticket order, or any other services that we provide to you
- To take payments and provide refunds, where necessary
- Provide customer service and support
- To respond to your queries, refund requests and complaints
- Sending you information by email, SMS, or post, about our products and services
- Showing you adverts as your browse the web
- Fraud prevention and detection
- If we discover any criminal activity or alleged criminal activity through our fraud monitoring and suspicious transaction monitoring, we will process this data for the purposes of preventing or detecting unlawful acts. We aim is to protect the individuals we interact with from criminal activities
- Train our staff
- To monitor customer experience and our overall own performance
- Finding out what you and other customers would like.
What about sensitive personal information?
In the course of providing our goods or services to you, we may collect information that could reveal your religious beliefs or information about your health. Information like this is considered “sensitive personal information” under data protection laws. We only collect this information where you have given your explicit consent, it is necessary, or you have deliberately made it public.
Examples of when we may collect this information could be in the following circumstances:
- If you request special assistance when visiting a venue we sell for or purchasing tickets, this could reveal information about your health (for example if you ask for a signed performance or require a wheelchair accessible seat).
- If you inform us about specific dietary requirements you may have, this could potentially indicate that you have specific religious beliefs.
If you do not allow us to process any of your sensitive personal information, this may mean that we are unable to provide all of part of the services that you have requested from us. Please be aware that in such circumstances, you may not be entitled to cancel or obtain a refund of any price that you have already paid.
Technical Information we collect from you
We automatically collect certain limited information about your device and your visits to our websites which may be considered personal information. This information may include the type of data set out below.
The type of device or platform that you use to access our website, such as a computer or mobile device.
Your use of our websites and services may generate geographical data, e.g. the location or time zone of a device, or an IP address which we may collect.
Log data about your visit
Information about your unique visit to our website, such as URLs, your internet service providers, the number and timing of clicks to and from our website, which events you view, page response times, download errors, length of visit to our website pages, page interaction data (e.g. scrolling, clicks and mouse-overs), email engagement rates and activities and methods to browse away from the page.
How we use this Technical Information
- To administer our websites and for our own troubleshooting, analysis, testing, research and statistical purposes
- To improve and optimise our websites and the way content is presented
- Protect our website and your online account
- To allow you to use interactive features of our website
- Postcode data is collected and stored to improve our marketing communications to you
- To measure the effectiveness of advertising, and deliver relevant advertising which matches user interests and preferences
Information we receive from other sources
Certain third parties may provide us with personal information about you. In each case, it is the third party’s responsibility to ensure that is has obtained your consent to share your personal information with us. Where possible, we will ask a third party to confirm that it has the right to pass this information to us.
Third party services
You may give us permission to access your personal information in other third-party services, e.g. you may link your account to Facebook or Instagram, which allows us to access content on these platforms.
How we use third party services data
- To improve and optimise our websites and the way content is provided
- To understand more about you
The Ambassador Theatre Group
The companies within the Ambassador Theatre Group work closely to deliver services to you.
Our ticketing agents
We sometimes appoint third party ticketing agents to promote and sell our products on our behalf. Where you have purchased one of our products from an agent it will be necessary for the agent to pass your details on to us so that we can fulfil your order. To contact you about any cancellations, amendments or additional information in respect of your ticket order.
Collation of personal Information
However, we share your data with other companies as an essential part of being able to provide our services to you:
- The venue in respect of any ticket booking you have made;
- Our business partners, suppliers, agents and sub-contractors where necessary to fulfil data processing activities for the purposes listed in this policy on our behalf, for example third parties who provide services to us (e.g. payment processors, delivery companies) or on our behalf (e.g. our ticketing partners); or
- Analytics and search engine providers that assist us in the improvement of our websites and the services we provide.
We may also disclose your personal information to third parties if:
- We undergo a change of control or any of our business or assets are sold or transferred (in which case we may disclose your personal information to the buyer to enable them to continue providing services to you);
- We are under a duty to disclose or share your information to comply with any legal obligation (for example, a court order); or
- We need to protect our rights, property, the safety of our website users/customers or to help prevent fraud or crime. This may include exchanging personal information with other companies and organisations for the purposes of fraud protection or with governmental and law enforcement authorities.
Anonymised and pseudonymised data
We may anonymise personal information so that you can no longer be identified from such information. We may also pseudonymise your personal information. This allows us to recognise where multiple behaviours are linked, without seeing any personally identifiable data.
Where you have consented or where we have a legitimate interest we will use your personal information to contact you via email, SMS, telephone or post (depending on any preferences notified to us) with relevant information about the Ambassador Theatre Group, our websites, our products, services, offers and events. Where you have asked to receive information about our corporate partners or sponsors, your personal information will be used by us to send this information to you.
How to stop marketing messages
You can stop receiving marketing messages from us at any time. You can do this:
- By clicking on the ‘unsubscribe’ link in any marketing email or sms; or
- By contacting our Customer Service team at [email protected].
Once you do this, we will update your profile to ensure that you don’t receive any further marketing messages. However, please note that it might take a few days for our systems to be updated, so you might continue to receive messages from us whilst we process your request.
Stopping marketing messages from us will not end communications such as updates in relation to your order of tickets or useful information about your visit to one of our events.
Your browsing and interaction on any other website, or your dealings with any other third-party service provider, are subject to that website’s or third-party service provider’s own rules and policies.
We do not monitor, control, or endorse the privacy practices of any third parties.
We encourage you to become familiar with the privacy practices of every website that you visit or third-party service provider that you deal with, and to contact them if you have any questions about their respective privacy policies and practices.
Retaining your personal information. We keep your personal information for as long as we require for the purposes for which it was collected (see above). Once the relevant purpose has been satisfied we will securely delete or anonymise your personal information unless we are required to retain a copy of such information under applicable law.
We are committed to keeping your personal information secure. We take appropriate technical and organisational measures to ensure the security of all personal information we hold (and endeavour to only work with third parties who provide equivalent protections) in accordance with industry best practices (for example, if you provide us with your credit card information, the information is encrypted to ensure its security). However, please note that there are inherent security implications of disclosing personal information online for which we cannot be held responsible.
Account details. You are responsible for keeping the log in details and password in respect of any account you hold with us confidential at all times.
You have rights in relation to the personal information we hold about you, and have the right to:
- A copy of your personal information which we hold about you;
- Request that we correct any personal information that is inaccurate or out of date;
- Withdraw your consent to processing at any time if we have relied on your consent to process your personal information;
- Request in certain circumstances that your personal information is removed from our systems where it is no longer necessary for us to hold your personal information;
- Request in certain circumstances that we transmit your personal information that we hold elsewhere (known as “data portability“);
- Object to us processing your personal information. In this instance, we will stop processing your personal information if we are relying on it for our own or someone else’s legitimate interests (except if we can demonstrate compelling legal grounds for the processing), processing it for direct marketing or processing it for research (unless such processing is necessary for the performance of a task carried out in the public interest);
- Restrict the processing of your personal information, if you contest the accuracy of the personal information that we hold about you. This means we must stop any processing activities until we have verified the accuracy of the personal information, or we no longer need your personal information; and
- Contact us directly and be given an explanation about any automated decision-making and profiling that produces a legal (or similarly significant) effect on you.
- Sending an email to [email protected] or
- Writing to Customer Service at FAO LOVEtheatre, Victoria Hall, Bagnall Street, Stoke-on-Trent, ST1 3AD.
- Have a concern or wish to make a complaint about any aspect of our privacy practices, including the way we’ve handled your personal information, you can report it to the UK Information Commissioner’s Office (“ICO“). You can find details about how to do this on the ICO website at https://ico.org.uk/concerns/ or by calling their helpline on 0303 123 1113.
Thank you for visiting our website.